Fire Extinguisher Classifications and Information
There 6 different type of Extinguisher Classification, 5 x Fire and 1 x Electrical.
Fires have been classified into six groups A, B, C, D, E and F
- Class A fires – are fires involving organic solids – Paper, Wood, etc
- Class B fires – are fires involving flammable Liquids – Petrol, Oil, Paints.
- Class C fires – are fires involving flammable Gasses
- Class D fires – are fires involving Metals
- Class E Fires – are fires involving Electrical Apparatus
- Class F Fires – are fires involving Cooking Oil & Fat
All Fire Extinguishers are colour coded so you can see what type of extinguisher it is and what it contains.
- Water – Red
- Foam – Cream
- Dry Powder – Blue
- Carbon Dioxide – Black
- Halon – Green (Illegal as of December 03)
Fire Extinguisher Locations
Fire extinguishers should be stored:
- in accessible spots
- away from heat
- in places in which they are likely to be needed, but where you will still be able to get to them (but out of reach of children) should a fire start, with at least one at every level of the house. Several good choices include:
- sleeping area
- at the head of the stairs in a multi-story structure
- in the garage
- in the laundry room
UK Fire Supplies is a trading name of ElectroFire Group Ltd. and offers the supply of fire safety products such as Fire Extinguishers and Fire Blankets
Join our Newsletter
If you are interested in occasionally hearing from us with special offers and product news, subscribe to our newsletter by filling in your details below.